The streets were dark as she walked towards the
entrance, darker than normal. The streetlights were turned off, as if to tell
the people to stay away from this area. True, this had never been a good
neighborhood, but one could walk through here easily, given one was brave
enough.
The girl opened the door, and greeted the barkeeper:
“Evening, business going good?” “Hardly,” answered Hobbies, “must be thanks to
the announcement I made.” He grabbed a bottle of vodka and poured it into a
glass, then put it on the girl’s usual place. The girl sat down and took a
taste of her drink. “Must be tough.”
“Just as you say, not only do I get less customers
every day,” he paused midsentence. A man, sitting on a table in the corner of
the room, had taken out his gun, to aim at Hobbies. Just as he was about to
pull the trigger two knifes flew his way. The first stabbed his left eye,
causing him to writhe in pain, the second pierced his heart with abnormal
precision. “Most of them are assassins,” continued Hobbies with a slightly
displeased look. “Peoples’ death is bad for business. I can’t continue for long
like this.”
“So, Maria, are you here to kill me as well?”
“No, I’m just here for the booze.” Maria gave a
self-deprecating smile. “You know that I can’t kill you.” Hobbies was slightly
amused. “How comes that this is the only time you take your job seriously, o
beautiful young nun?” Although she didn’t seem to like his tone, she refrained from commenting on the subject.
She took a sip from her glass. “It’s true that I
won’t kill you, but I do intend to stop you from destroying the world.” “Oh,”
mused Hobbies, “and how do you intend to do that?” Maria smiled. It was neither
the smile of a merchant, trying to sell his wares, nor was it the smile of a
priest, trying to increase the amount of donations; it was the smile of an
honest and pure young girl.
“You know, Hobbies,” she said with a cheerful tone as
she gulped down the rest of her drink, “the world is beautiful, and I’m going
to show you.”
She stood up from her chair and walked to the door;
then she stopped. “We’re going on a journey, I’ll come by tomorrow to discuss
the details,” she said as she walked through the door.
Hobbies wore a dubious grin on his face. “Thank you
for your patronage.”
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen